Giving Tree Village is a premier fundraising event sponsored by the Rotary Club of Davidson in support of non-profits across the local community during the Christmas in Davidson celebration held the first weekend in December. Celebrating its 11th anniversary, the Giving Tree Village fundraiser is the major attraction during the Town of Davidson’s annual Christmas in Davidson celebration visited by40,000 people each year.
Giving Tree Village Purpose
- Bring the Community together in support of 60 diverse non-profits
- Create public visibility across a broad range of local non-profits and businesses
- Provide needed funding for small community-based non-profits
- Build lasting connections between businesses and non-profits
- Thousands of Christmas in Davidson attendees walk through the Giving Tree Village to view the decorated trees and vote for their favorite tree/non-profit
- 40,000+ visitors attend Christmas in Davidson during the 3-day festival
- The entire Davidson Main Street Square dedicated to the Giving Tree Village
- Giving Tree Village decorated trees and signage remain on Main Street for 7+ days
How does the Christmas Tree Village Work?
- The Village of Christmas Trees (60 trees) sponsored by local businesses and individuals are decorated and on display for the first 10 days of December.
- Each tree represents a collaboration between a local business and a local non-profit.
- Each year approximately 40,000 individuals walk through the Giving Tree Village to view the beautifully decorated trees and vote for their favorite tree/non-profit.
- Each vote for a tree generates a donation for the specific charity associated with the tree.
- Additional cash awards are funded by event and tree sponsors and are distributed to the local non-profits based on various categories.
Rotary Club of Davidson
Rotary International is a global network of 1.4 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves. Rotary Clubs are all about friendship, service, and making positive changes.
Rotary Club of Davidson is one of 35,000 clubs across the world. We meet the first three Tuesdays of each month at noon at the North Harbor Club. Please send us an email if you would like to visit our club meeting.
Imagine having a group of friends who all care about making the world a better place. You decide to team up and work on projects that can help your local community, like planting trees, doing landscaping work for a local nonprofit, providing lunches to kids in need, or organizing events to raise money for charity.
Rotary Club of Davidson serves the community locally as well as international projects. We are made up of professionals from different fields – business, government, healthcare, and more. All are caring individuals who want to leave a positive mark on the world. These folks meet regularly to plan and carry out projects that address various needs, both close to home and around the world. We have assisted in providing much needed heart surgery for children in different countries, provided supplies during COVID for people in need across the world and provided financial support for medical clinics.